Indentify this make of car ?

Could anyone identify the make of this car please, and the approximate year of manufacture?

Very elegant old motor i thought.

Reply to
john east

Think you've got the aspect ratio wrong. But it could be a Lanchester.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yes, it looks too wide! It reminds me of my favourite uncle's Morris 10/4, and that would be mid - 1930s.

Reply to
Gordon H

Rover P2 (Look at the number plate!)

Wikilies says 1937-48.

Mark

Definitely not a Rover.

Could be Hillman 20/70 or a Morris 25, or indeed a Lanchester as suggested.

Of particular note is 1 - the square topped windscreen with outwards angled sides, 2 - the spare wheel on the driver's side, 3 - the bumper and 4 - vertical chrome bar in grille.

The registration could be non-UK (but UK style like old British colonies which used UK style plates)

This appears to be a photo/screen capture from a TV. What was the programme/film?

Reply to
Dafydd

Yes, i looks looks a posh car of substantial size; notice the spare wheel on the front wing. It may have soft top. Possibly a state official car, if this gives any ideas. In those days, there were many more different car manufacturers as cars were more individually produced in smaller factories, that makes the hunt even more difficult.

Reply to
johannes