Top 5 project cars

Within a reasonable budget (say anything up to £2k to buy the car), what would your top 5 project cars be?

1) Skyline R32 2) 300zx 3) Calibra 4) Manta GTE 5) Astra GTE

Off the top of my head.

Reply to
REMUS

In news:cpgc11$p4p$ snipped-for-privacy@news7.svr.pol.co.uk, REMUS decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Skyline R32 for £2k? I'll have ten please.

no

no

no

not if my entire existance depended on it.

Off with the top of your head if you like Astras..

Reply to
Pete M

Has it been crashed? (Repeatedly!) You are looking at £4000 ish for a decent GTS and over £6k for an ok GTR.

Good weight distrebution suposedly makes them good to drift. but they are ugly as sin. You are still looking at a bit of a dog for under £3k

I'd consider one of these if I could pick one up with a good body for under £300. Strip it out move the bulk head back to give more room then put a big engine in and make it RWD, but unless you are a good welder the work will be expensive.

See above but getting a good shell isn't easy.

Not even going to comment on that.

How about an early 3 or 5 series BMW (or even a 2002) push your beget and you could get something a bit odd, like a Lotus Eclat. (£2200 for the 2L £2995 for a later 2.2L)

Reply to
Depresion

  1. Mini (old shape)
  2. Rover V8
  3. Escort MK2
  4. Manta Coupe
  5. Skyline
Reply to
¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤

Didn't read the £2000 bit. Swap the Skyline for a Chevette!

  1. Do a twin bike engined Mini, 4WD
  2. Bore it out to a 4.2 and tweak it. Maybe a couple of turbos
  3. Cosworth engine, 2WD. Some nice engine tweaks
  4. Install a small block V8, like a Chevy 5.7. Might be a bit nose-heavy though?
  5. Do a HSR replica.
Reply to
¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤

go for a mk2 astra gte

get sommat reasonable for circa 800 quid for a valver

and either a buy a nova to put the lump in :)

or sell the xe on and fit it out with a c20let turbo :)

or spunk a couple of k on tuning the xe with a big pair of carbs or T/b's :)

Reply to
Rob

I didn't actually ask you to criteque my choices at 3am in the night lol, I wanted yours!

Reply to
REMUS

Well if you're going to suggest such bollox as an R32 for £2k, what do you expect?

Reply to
JackH

Top 5 for 2 grand

uno turbo punto turbo e36 bmw 325 no less or a 318is if in budget :) integrale 8v and just to annoy everyone another nova 16v :)

Reply to
Rob

Can't be done on your budget.

I assume you're talking the later twin turbo model. Again, can't be done.

If you're talking the earlier model, it was a lardy piece of s**te that fortunately seems to have largely disappeared off the face of the Earth, and isn't worth the steam off a modders piss.

Oh yes... I can see it now - pram handle spoiler, Lexus style rear lights and a pair of blue LED wanker lights washer jets.

No, in other words... unless you're going to take the subtle approach by way of bigger alloys etc., lest you spoil what is still one of my favourite styled coupes, of the 1990s.

Hmm... yes I can see the potential with this one... if you can find one worth saving.

Yes... these can be chavved up nicely, and have been with some spectacularly awful results at times... but when done tastefully, a good choice.

Mine was - first time I've been parking my car up, to hear some chavbitch scream, 'I want your car!' at me.

I miss the car, not the inability to brake safely in the wet.

I think you'll find 1 and 2 emanated from your arse, actually. ;-)

Reply to
JackH

here here for the stealth nova

same as mine

stock looking sr C20XE lowred on a set of 14" rims (going to swop for a set of 15" dymags after xmas) stripped/cage and that authentic rust/primer/faded paint theme :)

no stick on tat here thank you

Reply to
Rob

also forgot to mention the not washed for 5 months part :)

damn i'm terrible although i did was her in doors punto the other month :)

record still stands at 14 months and counting for the pug estate :)

Reply to
Rob

Nah, mk1. Like the boxy shape...

Reply to
¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤

Come on Rob your a mig man not a gypsy lol. Get her sitting pretty again! (way too many smilies rob lol)

Reply to
REMUS

I do like them, there's just not much you can really do with them : /

Reply to
REMUS

uk...

not much you can do with them?

have a look on mig

theres a pile of mk1's with major mods including c20xe 16v's turbo lumps and a few v6 conversions :)

Reply to
Rob

In reality (ie projects that may actually happen):

  1. SD1 V8
  2. Mk1 MR2 SC
  3. 205 DT (already got a majority of the bits for this one and have started)
  4. Volvo 360
  5. BMW 325i or 318is (early 90 ones whatever their designation is, E30?)
Reply to
Carl Gibbs

not to fear booked into nsport for a respray early next year engines coming out at the same time for a full rebuild too :)

no major plans for the rebuild bar the obvious although there is a set of arps sitting on my desk here for her

see how the old funds go i might even try to get a set of webbers to go on :) although realistically i'm prolly talking at least 500 quid for a decent setup of 45's or 48's

interesting thought though webbers mixing with a plr exhaust :)

Reply to
Rob

You don't expert people to actually read the entire post at 3am before replying do you.

Reply to
Depresion

What the f*ck can i buy for £2k thats worth investing more in?

Reply to
DanTXD