Wally in a Fiat Stilo

I was tailgated on the way to work by some guy in a silver Fiat Stilo. I was stuck behind some numpty in a van who was sitting in L2 of a dual carriageway plodding along, despite there being nobody in L1 for miles. Anyway that's beside the point.

Eventually the van pulled over and I allowed the Stilo to overtake. I noticed a large ovoid exhaust, slightly upswept.

I later caught up with the Stilo at a roundabout and noticed it was a diesel, judging by the amount of soot it kicked out when accelerating onto the roundabout. I then noticed that the upswept exhaust had caused one side of the bumper and bootlid to be blackened with soot!

I followed this Stilo for a couple of miles in stop-start traffic and noticed that the bumper immediately above this exhaust pipe was all distorted as it had melted from the exhaust heat...

My friend's mint Lancia Thema went up in smoke because the tailpipe fell off and caused the fumes to melt and set fire to the bumper... I can see a similar thing happening to this Stilo any day now.

Reply to
fishman

The bumper on my rover melted on a run across Germany.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

cool! that's proper dedicated if you can melt part of the car! nice one :)

Reply to
Vamp

I had the turbocharger glowing when I pulled into services on the M5 in my Volvo once as well.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Thats normal?

Reply to