'05 V6 grill fogs -- the actual answer

Ok, so after a week of research, $500, and some serious migranes, I have found the 'almost definitive' answer on getting fogs into the V6.

The parts needed are the Ford OEM grille, fog switch, and fog lights from the GT, and the wiring harness being hawked all over ebay (DONT buy the grille kit theyre selling).

To make the grille fit in the V6, clip the bottom clips on the GT grille off with some tin snips. The rest of the clips fit, so just clip the grille in. Use some self-tapping screws to secure the bottom, or some C clips if you can find them.

The wiring harness hooks up pretty easy, just follow the instructions. Instead of wiring the switch the way they want you to, install the OEM switch (it just pops in basically), and wire it in by pulling off the plastic clips off the harness and the switch. Use some heatshrink and a saudering iron to hook up the two wires to the prongs in the switch. It doesnt matter which wire goes where.

Pretty simple, takes about an hour, and oh yeah, no need to drill your grille!

IF anyone needs more help and/or pics, let me know. Just thought Id share.

Reply to
<japhar81>

How much was the dealer wanting for this option ?

Reply to
NoOne

There is no dealer option. You just have to buy the parts and do it yourself. Ford will not support the fogs on a V6.

The parts were $110 for the grille, and $200 for the lights. The switch was about $25.

Reply to
japhar81

----- original message below -------

Weird, google groups wouldn't let me just reply to that, i had to copy and paste.

Anyway, I would really like to do this, and the dealer has said they could do it.

Is it worth it just to do it myself, or should i just have the dealer do it?

I don't want to break anything and i know hardly anything about cars.

Has anyone else done this, or has anyone paid a dealer to do it? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Reply to
Bort