MOT - Front Fogs

My crappy Clio is about to go in for it's first MOT test, I'm pretty sure it wont have any problems however one of the factory fitted front fogs has been hit by a stone and the lens has cracked - will this cause an MOT failiure? It's on the passenger side if this makes a difference.

TIA

Reply to
Butcher

I'm 99% sure that the front fogs are OK. I don't think mine have ever been tested (or even looked at!)

YMMV though :-)

Pete.

Reply to
Pete Smith

Pete Smith (pete snipped-for-privacy@lethe.org.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Yup. They never worked in three years on my CX.

It shouldn't. They're not testable.

Reply to
Adrian

The message from Butcher contains these words:

Not covered as lights, but make sure it doesn't present a sharp wossname.

Reply to
Guy King

Might be a failure on the sharp edges issue so just stick some black insulation tape over them for test.

Reply to
Conor

Front fog lamps are not an Mot requirement & are therefore not a " reason for rejection". It might be wise to either remove the glass lens if it is actually broken & showing sharp edges or apply tape over it instead.

Reply to
Mr Digital

Front fogs are not testable for an MOT, however any lights fitted to a vehicle should be working correctly.

Reply to
Avanti