305 newbie question

Hi everyone, I stored the pony all winter and now that I want to pull her out, shes dead. This is what is going on, when I stored it in the garage, I would turn over the engine and let it run for about 15 mins once every two weeks, I would make sure to disconnect the batt. after so I don't suck out the juice. 2 weeks ago I went to turn her over again and all I get is a click sound, just clicks once after I turn the key and that's it. I found a starter relay in the tool box and replaced it, but I am still having the same problem, I'm not sure if the relay is wrong or if the starter is dead (or dying).. any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Reply to
pipper

I don't think 15 minutes is enough to completely warm her up,especially every 2 weeks. I woulda just left her completely alone, fogged the carb with oil, topped off the tank and added sta-bil. Done! That's what I did with the '69. She choked and sputtered a bit on initial startup, but once she got going, nada problemo. Tune the carb and voila.

Sounds like the battery's just flat out dead. Did you check that first, before doing anything else?

Also, FYI, the 305 is a Chevy boat anchor of a motor.

Reply to
66 6F HCS

You are right (Chev 305 being a boat anchor) AND I got a good laugh out of your post. However, I just assumed that he had a bored over Ford

302. ;-)
Reply to
Kruse

The he should have specified it as a 302, bored 0.030" over.

Reply to
Wound Up