5.0 MUSTANG TOP END? Just Curious...

This isn't that big of a deal, but I own a lightly modified 90 Mustang GT and my buddies keep asking me what the top speed is on it. I ussually tell them probably around 140. It still retains the stock

3.08 gears and its got all of the popular bolt-ons (shorty headers, Flowmaster mufflers, underdrive pulleys, custom MAF, K and N filter)

What do you guys think? I just want a rough idea.

Reply to
5.0 Mustang luver

As far as I know, the top published on a stock 5.0 is 134 mph. Never gotten a chance to test it though

Clark

Reply to
CBeech

I think you're on target. The highest speed I've seen posted in a magazine was for a '87 GT. It ran 148. But most magazine tests showed

135-140, including the '93 Cobra.

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

Whats the top speed of a 2005+ 4.6 GT?

Reply to
davea

According to these guys 150MPH

John S.

When my '89 LX was basically stock I had it up to about 135 mph on a deserted stretch of I-66 early one morning. I swear the sunroof would have been sucked off the car had I gone any faster.

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

two 5.0s

I had my 87 up to 140, it could have gone higher, but not enough road. (not mass air)

I had my 93 up to 115, it seems that it was limited by the computer (mass air)

Reply to
Dr Moria

While mass air is a little more restrictive than speed density, your '93 should have gone well beyond 115 mph. You must have had a mechanical issue going on.

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

As I remember, my '84 LX 5.0's top speed was 85.

At least, that's where the speedometer stopped.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

LMFAO!!!

Reply to
My Names Nobody

You might owe a keyboard since mine is covered in Sam Adams at the moment!!!!!!!

Good one!!

Reply to
Terry Brannigan

"5.0 Mustang luver" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

If you want to know exactly, why not take it out on the freeway early in the morning and open it up. The friendly, helpful highway patrolman will not only tell you how fast it goes but will give you a nice certificate that you can frame.

Reply to
XS11E