top end knock

would a balance shaft removal on a 93 eagle talon cause a top end knock? if not what could cause it ?have repaced piston , bearing ,rings etc thanks sb

Reply to
the2ofus

simpleton

non turbo checked values n pistons seem to be ok --its got me i can't seem to figure it out-- thanks

Reply to
the2ofus

It's going to be hard to figure this out without getting exhaust temps readings. I doubt you're running to hot but you could. Say your fuel pressure regulator was bad or clogged fuel filter and causing you to get less fuel. In this case your engine would not get enough fuel for the amount of air coming in and thus run a bit hot. Could cause denotation since at WOT, lots of air would be rushing in without the correct amount of fuel to keep the temps down. If you have a datalogger check the timing advan ce or pull at WOT.

-Teak

Reply to
Teak