5.8 heads

Hey stangers... Been a while since I've been following this thread. Im looking for a set of heads for a 5.8 buildup Im planning. I'm told that there are no differences between 2 bbl, 4 bbl or injected 5.8 heads. Is that correct? I have my eye on a local 1990 E150 5.8 auto doner car. It's injected but I dont intend to run the injection. Any thoughts or advice on those heads much apprecited... as always

Mustang

Reply to
1985 Mustang GT

1985 Mustang GT

I don't see a problem. I'm sure the heads have changed over the years, but the intake bolt patters have stayed pretty much the same.

5.8 heads will even swap to a 5.0 with the correct bolt kit..

JS

Reply to
JS

351w heads after about 1977 used smaller 302 valve sizes & ports except for the 93-95 cobra and lightning trucks, they had gt40 heads, late 5.0 explorers used gt40p heads that are possibly a little better than regular gt40's but they have sparkplug placement/header issues. 69-70 351w heads are ok and they have smaller chambers than 71-76 351 heads but aren't designed to run unleaded gas,etc. 75-76 heads are designed for unleaded gas. IMO if you buy aftermarket iron or aluminum heads you'll be ahead in dollars and performance when you're done.
Reply to
winze

If this is any form of performance upgrade dump the stock heads and go for some aftermarket ones. Even something as simple as a Dart head would be a big improvment over stock.

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG