87 5.0 air pump elimination

A friend is putting a 5.0 from an 87 GT in his 67 coupe, and wants to eliminate the air pump. Does anyone make an idler to sub this pump? Thanks

John Del Wolcott, CT

"I'm just trying to get into heaven, I'm not running for Jesus!" Homer Simpson

(remove S for email reply)

Reply to
John Del

You dont need a idler pulley for this. Even though they make them. I took mine off and ran a shorter belt. Belt goes from the crank pulley straight to the alternator pulley, then under the tensioner , over the a/c compressor, down to the power steering, then back up to the water pump, then down and around the crank , then back up to the alternator.

Reply to
Clark Kent

I'm sure he'll be happy to hear that. You don't know the length or belt number you used, do you? Thanks!

John

Reply to
John Del

If my memory is correct, I think it was an 84.5" belt that I used with that configuration. That was a long time ago though so I may be wrong. Clark, do you know? BTW, how is that stroked 351 doing nowadays? You still have it? Is it boosted yet? Just curious, thanks, later. Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

I bumped it up another notch 408w

Reply to
Clark Kent

Sorry Erik, havent been checking the groups, the Belt part # off mine is 850K6 6PK2160 I think I got this belt at AutoZone, This belt works with my Windsor and one underdrive crank pulley. For a 302 you will need something a tad bit shorter. Erik see that the original poster of this message gets this info bro. Thank a lot. By the way how are you ? How is your mustang doing ?

Reply to
Clark Kent

408 now huh? Thats insane!! You have a blower on it too now huh? Have any new pictures of it, i'd love to see it. I think I lost the pictures you sent me of it so long ago(before it was blown). I'm doing pretty good, still working on getting out of school. I can't say my mustang is doing as good as I am. I traded it for the lightning and its new owner sanded the whole thing down and primered it(too bad cause I loved the reef blue, and it was a 6 month old paint job.) He primered it after he took the 331 out of it. So now its a primered lx with a fairly healthy

302, another friend of mine bought it off of the guy for 1700 bucks! I wish I had the cash cause I would have bought it back(it sucks being a broke college student). Well, if you can send me some pics of your car i'd love to see it, but if not its no biggie. ttyl, Erik D. '94 white lightning
Reply to
Erik D.