Bubble hatch on '87 5.0 Mustang?

Anyone ever installed or seen a 5.0 mustang with a Capri bubble hatch? I thought about replacing the rusted one on my '87 GT with one of those. I can pick it up for $100. Does anyone think it would look cool or stupid? I would also add the eurolight taillights to match my existing diamond clear headlights for a different look. The car is black.

Mark

Reply to
Mark C.

It looked good on the capri. It was the one styling difference that was an improvement over mustang IMO. Sounds like a nice subtle mod, the kind of thing I would do.

And after all, it's got to look better than rust, so what are you losing?

Reply to
Brent P

Well, I think it would be cool as hell because it would be different and something that not everybody has. Being that I'm the coolest person on RAMFM, whatever I say goes here. ;o)

Put it on.

Helmut Roner

1988 GT
Reply to
HELMUT RONER

My completely unbiased opinion as the owner of an '86 Capri - do it!! Looks nifty and you gain large amounts of cargo room and perhaps a bit more view out the back. I have carried a 'keggerator" and a 4' high 4 drawer dresser in the back of mine, and lots of other stuff that wouldn't fit in my wife's '87 Mustang. One word of caution - the glass is real expensive if it ever gets broken. Mine cost $900 to replace 12 years ago. Of course you could just get another hatch if that ever happens. Go for it! Confuse the hell outta the ricers!! ;-)

MKL '86 Capri 5.0 5spd

142,000 mi

Reply to
Mike Lenker

A friend of mine traded his bubble hatch off his '86 Capri GS to a guy with an '87 Mustang. It look pretty neat on the 'stang actually. (better when it was painted to match) StuK

Reply to
Stuart&Janet

Mark C. opined in news:t8Dlb.2931$HS4.9830@attbi_s01:

I thought they looked stupid on the Capri...

But WTH does it matter what I or anyone else thinks? And why would you even ask "what would look good?"

If YOU like it, go with it!

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic