87 Ford Mustang 5.0 not starting

I?ve been having some problems with my car. I went out to start it and when I turned the key it would start turning over but then it would stop and i would get this really fast clicking sound. I tthink it might be a dead battery, but I just replaced the battery and the positive connector because the old one was corroded. I did this just last week. Could something else be wrong with it, or if it is the battery, what could be draining it so fast?

Reply to
basilaverkey

Did you replace the Positive "terminal" or the whole cable? The battery cables (if near original) should both be replaced, along with the cable from the starter relay to the starter. Remember, they are 18 years old. and open to all kinds of corrosion from the battery, the elements, etc. Charge the battery and have the charging system tested. You could have a faulty regulator or worn brushes in the alternator. Tom

Reply to
Tom Adkins