95 GT Stalling and Hard to start PLS HELP TIA

Hi all, I'm having a bit of trouble with the stang. Its a 95 GT, (5.0) with 86,500 miles, with no mods. My problem is as follows.. Sometimes the darn thing will not start but it will eventually start, other times it starts right off. The other day, I was sitting at a red light and when I engaged the clutch she died, I was able to coast to the shoulder of the road. The darn thing would not start, but after 3 or 5 mins of trying, she fired right off....

Now, I replaced the fuel filter, changed the fuel pressure regulator, and I just recently had the fuel pressure checked (ie on the fuel rail) and everything was fine, but I'm still having the same issues. IN addtion I've tried the following method when she dont start I'll try to turn the key on, hold for 5 seconds, and back off. On again, hold for 5 seconds, then off. And it still wont start.... I'm not showing any codes, (ie check eng. light is not on).......... So now I'm guessing as to my problem.. Halls effect device maybe? Fuel Pump dying???

PLS HELP!!!!!!!!! THANKS Everyone!

Reply to
Lee A.

Just a thought. could it be the PATS system?

Reply to
SVTKate

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 02:10:28 GMT, "SVTKate" wrote: SVTKate, You got me, Whats the PATS system? So I may check it.

Reply to
Lee A.

I have an '87 that would not start after I shut it off. After it sat for a while it would start. Turned out to be the ignition module. I would have to hope they solved this by '95 though. The module was on the outside of the distributor where it got very hot. Check it out. Your problem sounds a lot like this.

Reply to
Rod Williams

lmfao ignition module

Reply to
agentwd40

It's an anti-theft system. Kate had a crappy experience with it on her

97 Snake. I wouldn't think it'd be the PATS system... but then again.. anything could happen!

I'd suspect ignition components too.

-Mike

Reply to
memset

Uhh... on my 95 GT AND on my *98* Snake..

Don also had a similar problem to this on is Crapmaro... It was a loose connection, causing the car not to start.

anyway, it was just a THOUGHT, I don't know it all like some people do I guess.

never mind.

Reply to
SVTKate

"SVTKate" wrote

DAMN... that last post was awful sorry...

didn't mean to come across like that.

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 23:24:59 GMT, Lee A. wrote: Hello everyone, First I would like to say thank you to all the people who gave me some advice regarding my problem. I.e my car was stalling and would not start to save my life at times. In any event, I changed the Ignition Control Mod. and so far so good. I might add one side note to anyone else who may experience this problem in the near or distant future. The Ignition Mod. is no always on the distributor cap, my for whatever reason was located on the right-side-finder under the MAF box. Go figure, all the diagrams and printouts advised me it was mounted on the distributor, which it was not. I took it to the dealer and after 2 or three mechs. looked at it one finally found it.. go figure. In any event, thanks again. I appreciate it, and have a good weekend, or what is left of it...

Lee

Reply to
Lee A.

There was a lawsuit about this one even. Ford had to replace them. On the 95GT however, the ignition module is no longer located ON the distributor. It's under the airfilter now and most likely NOT the cause.

Reply to
RT

I had this on my 95GT also. Did it HOLD the fuelpressure after priming the fuel system ? If not it's likely the fuel pump. It has a valve in it that is known to fail. It will build up pressure as long as the car is running, so I hope they checke the fuel pressure with the engine off.

Reply to
RT