help !!!!!! 95max is hard to start

my 95 maxima is hard to start when the interior gets hot. I change the fuel pump relay switch. no luck . i changed the starter a couple of times. it worked for a little while then the problem happened again. can anyone help?

Reply to
reecee

I assume you really mean, the car gets hard to start when the ENGINE is hot, right?

Nirav

Reply to
Nirav J. Modi

I was having the same problem recently with my '95. I know what he means when he says the interior gets hot. If it was a sunny day, I'd go out at lunch and the interior of the car would be warm from the sunshine (I imagine the engine bay was warm too). The car would crank for 4-5 seconds before starting and then quite often it would stumble and die or sometimes the revs would go up and down from about 750 to 2000. If it died it would restart easily ( almost immediately upon turning the key) or if the revs were bouncing they would eventually settle down after about 5-10 seconds.

I changed out the battery (it was dying anyway), changed the air filter and ran some injector cleaner through they system (things I would have normally done even without the hard start problem). I have a new set of plugs waiting to go in because it's been over 100,000 km since the last plug change. The car has 342,000 km on it now. The weather has turned cooler (cold?) now and the hard start problem seems to have disappeared. Any ideas on a cause in case it shows up again??

Todd

Reply to
Todd Fortin