Added some stuff today

Well I put in and MSD 6AL ignition, coil and distributor today, real easy job with the wiring harness. I also put in a new clutch quadrant, cable and firewall adjuster from UPR. The quadrant was tough since it is hard to get to but once done the rest was a snap. Last but not least a drive shaft loop which was about what I expected to install. It is almost unbelievable what a few minor changes will do.

Reply to
Joe Cilinceon

I installed just the coil way back. The thing sparks light a lighting bolt. I plan to due the 6AL later on. I hear that crane cams has a better unit. I like MSD myself.

Reply to
Luna

I've used the MSD on a few cars and also Mallory but never the Crane. I just don't like to change from what I know works. The only real hard thing was finding a place to put the ignition box. I finally put it under the cold air intake where it goes through the passenger side fender well. I wasn't going to do the distributor but got such a good deal on one I couldn't pass it up. A buddy bought one then blew the engine before he could put it in and needed the money to rebuild.

Reply to
Joe Cilinceon