And Speaking Of Cool Television Shows...

Has anyone caught this show about trucks... I think it was on the History channel or the Travel channel. In a segment of the show it shows these guys hopping-up and racing big rigs. You know, tractor trailers... semis. Anyways, these guys take the trucks' stock diesel motors and with the help of turbos/intercoolers get these things to belt out about 2,000 horsepower. The really amazing thing is, in less than ideal conditions, one of these guys gets his semi to run something like a 13.3 at 105 mph!!! Could you imagine getting smoked at a stop light by a big rig? Talk about humiliation!

Anyone else seen this show?

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick
*cougH* couch potato *cougH*

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers (self-installed woohoo) Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors

Reply to
<memset

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8" w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Reply to
Spike

The ones I saw (see my response to Patrick below) were without any trailer at all, just the tractor.

I haven't seen drag racing semis, but I have seen semi tractors racing on a road course. Talk about a class by itself! :)

Reply to
Garth Almgren

There's a large following in Europe for these rigs.. there was a series on SpeedChannel this summer.. damn things running on road courses and round d'rouns. -- Jafo '02 GT Black Not eggzackly stock.

Reply to
Jafo

That's the one!

Reply to
Garth Almgren

Mike,

I know you're just teasing me, but really nothing could be further from the truth. I may watch three to four hours of TV per week, maybe. I'll catch the news while I eat lunch, maybe an HG TV program on the weekend (I like Curb Appeal), a good boxing match on PPV when they happen, and when...more like if... the Speed Channel ever shows anything decent. These two shows I posted about were ones my wife happened to catch (in the last two weeks) when she was flipping channels and she told me they were on. (I took some notes and posted them last night.)

My week is work, school, doing school work or home projects, or working out in the gym. The next couple weeks I'll be preparing for a

1.5 mile run. Gotta beat my last year's time of 10 flat! Which I should be able to do considering this year I ran 4.4 mile run in 31 minutes and a half marathon (13 miles) in 1 hour and 48 minutes.

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick

No, they were racing them without a trailer.

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick

It's nuts! These things smoke the tires, all the rear tires!

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick

Oh hell Patrick I know you're a hard worker! That's *why* I was teasin' ya! I rarely ever get a chance to watch tv too... mostly just trying to fall asleep (which isn't hard after working 14+ hours/day). Past few days though I've actually had time to work on my car...

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers (self-installed woohoo) Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors

Reply to
<memset

Mike,

Lucky you. My Cobra is due a wax job and I'd like to change the tranny and power steering fluids. I'm hoping around the holidays I can find the time.

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick

My luck ran out. I've been swamped with work again lately. I need to change the spark plugs tomorrow though... after I drop by the bank & make a deposit so my rent check doesn't bounce :(.