Crappy shifting

The reverse gear in my mustang has been acting up lately. It has Richmond gears about a year old and the transmission was rebuilt about a year ago also. Sometimes when I try to put the shifter in reverse it wont let me until a couple tries later, or it will make a grinding noise. It only happens sometimes, so what do you think could be wrong.

Elijah

Reply to
Elijah.kemp

The clutch is dragging. Not fully releasing.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

There is a little trick you can use on a T-5 tranny to shift into reverse without grinding gears. Before shifting into reverse, and after you have come to a complete stop, shift into first gear and then without releasing the clutch shift it into reverse. This stops the syncros from spinning.

Reply to
Michael Johnson