darn windows

What can a guy do to get truly clean windows? I have tried and tried to get my windows clean in the Stang, but I have had no luck. Every time I think they are clean, I take it out in the sun and I see a cloudy film on them. Is there a secret to getting streak/cloud free windows? What do you all do? Are there special products I can use? I have used Windex and Prestone automotive glass cleaner so far. I am wiping them down with the blue shop towels.

Reply to
Steve B

I had the same problem... I tried "Stoner Brand" Invisible Glass ($2.99 or so from Wal-Mart) and it works _GREAT_. No glare or streaks AT ALL... just be SURE you use some sort of cloth (rag) that won't leave little lint things on your glass. I believe the instructions say some use crumpled up newspaper... I just used a really old rag that won't leave anything behind & it worked GREAT. Windows are just about "invisible" hehe. Don't be afraid to use a lot of it... it works great.

-Mike

Reply to
memsetpc

Mike,

Thanks for the tip...I have always had the same trouble as Steve, I will go check out WallyWorld for the "Stoner Brand" Invisible Glass Spray.

Reply to
Shane Metzler

Vinegar diluted with a bit of water and news paper.

Reply to
Mike King

Reply to
James Fowler

No prob =)

Reply to
memsetpc

I didn't have any luck using those shop towels.. I use Sprayway glass cleaner and old cotton t-shirts that I wash without any fabric softener or dryer sheets.. It works for me.

Reply to
Mustang_66

If the glass isn't tinted you could use 0000 steel wool. Strips everything off , but it's so fine that it doesn't scratch. You can use it on chrome too. Just make sure you don't touch ANY plastic or paint with it. It will definitely scratch those.

Scott Williams '66 HCS

Reply to
Scott Williams

Give up and buy a Macintosh. You will never get a clean, bug free installation of Windows.

John

Reply to
John Shepardson

Invisible Glass... yep, it does. Works great! If using a cloth, try this, wash your glass rags first and dry them WITHOUT fabric softner. It makes a big difference.

Kate

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

I get mine at Pep Boys

| > -Mike | >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

Reply to
Bill

Thanks for the suggestions. I switched to using crumpled newspaper instead od paper towels and it works like a charm! The windows have never looked so clean.

Reply to
Steve B

I'm glad you got what you were looking for =).

-Mike

Reply to
memsetpc