fuel pump question.

Hello I have a 91'stang GT 5.0 convertible.

Where [exactly] is the fuel pump located.

There is a short *somewhere* that is not allowing power to the pump, I need to (temporarily) direct wire the pump to battery so I can start her up and drive. I do plan on having the direct wire switched (mounted inside somewhere).. I just need to know the easiest area I can reach the wires going to the motor (w/o having to remove anything major).. easy access to the wires.

Thank you ~pauly

Reply to
paulY

The fuel pump is located inside the fuel tank. The wires pass thru the trunk, along with the level sending unit. They go through the trunk floor near the back on the passenger side under the carpet (of course). Odds are more likely that the fuel pump relay went bad. It should be located under the driver seat. they're normally about 20 bucks or less at a dealer. No need to trash the wiring on the car.

Reply to
Jimz466

need to (temporarily)

on having the direct

area I can reach the

access to the wires.

Reply to
Joe

Yea its inside the tank. You have to drop it to get to everything. Try replacing the relay, good chance thats your problem.

-Franklin '96 Cobra

Reply to
WhyteStang

I'm not exactly mechanically inclined so-to-say; What does the relay look like? (So, when I go to UP the carpet I will know what to look for)....

Thanks for replying, ~pauly

----===| Jimz466 |===---- /wrote:

Reply to
paulY

Usually you can access it from under the seat without pulling the carpet up, but each car was different. The 92 I had could be reached from under the seat while the 91 Vert I had I had to remove the seat and pull up the carpet.

///Mike

1993 BMW 525i
of all the old cars
Reply to
TurboMike

(temporarily)

having the direct

area I can reach the

to the wires.

Insied the tank like they said. I wouldn't try to run that to the battery, it computer turns it on and off and if you do that you may poof the puter.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]