Help me decide on a 90s Mustang...

I need advice on the best Mustangs from the 90s. I want a convertible, and I'd rather it be the 6 cylinder, although that's flexible depending on the deals I find. I want to stay well under $10K.

Thanks!

Reply to
hammisink

Why do you prefer a 6 cylinder? You shouldn't have any trouble finding a

90's model 5.0 in your area or somewhere else for under $10k. KJ
Reply to
KJ94GT

If you want a V6 it would have to be a '94 and up. You can also get a '94-'95 convertible(my favorite of the 90's convertibles) for well undre

10K. Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

I would actually recommend 96-98 as they have the better headgaskets and slightly more HP.

TIM -aka- MUSTTANGUY "at" AOL "dot" COM

Musttanguy

Ahh, I didn't know that! I was just saying 94-95 cause I like the lights better, and the GT's have the 5.0, of course :) Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

Yea, but I get to have the all so neat sequential turn signals AND my 97 has the 5.0 :-)~

TIM -aka- MUSTTANGUY "at" AOL "dot" COM

Musttanguy

Reply to
cobra boy

Yeah, the sequential thing is neat. When they aren't sequential though I like the 94-95 style lights better though. Your '97 is a sweet ride, thats for sure. Any new mods lately? Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

I could make the '94-95 look just as sequential as Tim's '96-98 setup. They'd pulse outwards, not top to bottom, just like Tim's.

;-)

Personally, though, I prefer the '96-98 lights as well.

JS

Reply to
JS

I am actually looking into doing this on our 95 convertible, just need to place two seperators inside the housing to divide it into three sections.

Erik, I am actually looking into

need to get up there (about 1 hour away) and do some measuring to see if Ican squeeze it under the hood.

TIM -aka- MUSTTANGUY "at" AOL "dot" COM

Musttanguy

Tim, I'll e-mail you my thoughts. My e-mail addy is an @bellatlantic.net address.

JS

Reply to
JS

I think that would be pretty sweet! I love the sound an eaton makes :) More than the sound I love the power. Good luck getting it to fit, I think it will! Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

Why in the world would you want a v6 when you can get a good used v8 for slighly more? Dont do it dude, you are going to be dissapointed.....tom

Reply to
BeverlyOmasta

Partially because a V6 is a huge leap up from my 4 cyl Cavalier piece of shit. Partially because I live in L.A. and you can never go faster than 20 anyway. Partially because I'm not a speedy gotta-get-there driver like everyone else seems to be. And partially because I don't feel like having something that sucks up gas.

Reply to
hammisink

Fair warning: The Mustang 3.8L V6 (both new and old) typically sucks down almost as much gas as the V8. :)

Reply to
Garth Almgren

When my 94GT was still running 12.4 in the 1320, I was getting 28MPG on the highway, and around 18MPG in town. KJ

Reply to
KJ94GT

Yeah, when my '93 had TFS heads, a 331 stroker kit, TFS stage 2 cam, TFS track heat intake, 3.73 gear, 30 psi injectors, 190 lph fuel pump, etc. etc. It still got 25 mpg on the highway at 80 :) Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

Yep, mine was cruising at about 85mph. KJ

Reply to
KJ94GT

Sweet, something about these cars just makes them get good mileage. I guess its because they are semi light and aerodynamic. I only hope for

15-16mpg in my truck on the interstate. One thing I miss about that car is the gas mileage. Erik D. '94 white lightning
Reply to
Erik D.