Kiplinger's Top -10 for 2004

Here's Kiplinger's list of Best in Class 2004 models:

Two Fords make this list.

Under $17,000: Hyundai Elantra GT

NoOp comment: Interesting that the Koreans are starting to make inroads into a market traditionally owned by the Japanese. $17,000 to $23,000: Toyota Camry LE V6

NoOp comment: IMO needs more horsepower to compete, and needs Nissan or Chrysler to do the styling. Can't wait to see how Ford's upcoming

500 matches up. $23,000 to $30,000: Infiniti G35

Nice looking car! $30,000 to $40,000: Mercury Marauder

NoOp comment: A shocker! On the edge of being canned, and it's on a Top-10 list. C'mon Ford, don't give up on it...instead give it more power. Over $40,000: Lexus LS 430

NoOp comment: Toyota really needs help in the styling department. Sports Car: Chevrolet Corvette

NoOp comment: The C5 is still on nearly everyone's Top 10 list and the C6 is about to debut. This, along with Cadillac, shows the General is far from dead. Now, hopefully the GTO helps get Chevy rolling along.

Station Wagon: Volvo XC70

NoOp comment: I'd wait for the upcoming Dodge Magnum.

Minivan: Toyota Sienna

NoOp Comment: Sad that Chrysler loosened its grip on this market.

Small SUV: Ford Escape XLT

Midsize SUV: Acura MDX

Big SUV: Cadillac SRX (tie) Nissan Pathfinder Armada Small Truck: Chevrolet SSR

NoOp comment: IMO, neat truck, poor execution. Big Truck: GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab

NoOp comment: Hmmm... no F150...?

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick

Bah! No F-150 eh? I drove the Sierra too and I must say not even close...that Kiplinger guy's a tool anyway. ;-)

The new F150 is probably the best truck I've ever driven...and I'm not biased I swear ;-) ...the H2 was pretty cool though...I never thought Hummer would make a luxury SUV...

[useless comment]

- Nick

Reply to
Nick D.

But look at the RX330 and MDX. It's like there are two different design departments. M=Normal and gandpaw.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]