Mid-life crisis

Hi folks...just wanted to share some happiness as a first time Mustang owner.

Got my very first Mustang last week...2000 Coupe, blue, w/ 14,000 miles. Absolutely great car...love it...I take the long way to work now. I'm like a proud, new papa...I even dream about it. Sick.

I'm 49 and everyone I tell about it asks me if I'm having a mid-life crisis! LOL I just tell 'em no...got no kids to put in the back and the wife looks great in the passenger seat.

Now to save up enough for some new rims. ;)

Reply to
Randy

Of so if getting a Mustang means a mid life crisis for people that have not had them, what do those of us that have had them since high school have to go get? A GT40 or 427 Cobra maybe? Can't wait, but I better start saving for it now.

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG

Possible you are Randy... :-) My midlife crisis has gone on for 10 years now... ( gotta love it )

David

Reply to
MustangGT

How can I have a Mid-Life crisis if I refuse to leave my Childhood! :>)

Reply to
Katmandu

I moved up to a Cobra. I'm 35, cough...38...cough, and always said I wanted my "mid-life crisis car" while I could enjoy it. I don't want be that 70 year old guy driving a Vette, if you know what I mean.

Reply to
Michael Bolden-King

Oh yeah. Its fun to spank them in the stang. Boy do they get pissed off lol

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG

I'm going to be buying Mustangs until I can't get out of them anymore. ;-)

Reply to
Randy

It's not getting out of my Mustang I'd be worried about... It's not being able to get into one that would destroy me!!! BUHHAHAHAHAHA

David

Reply to
MustangGT

does this mean that I'm only going to live to 46?

The Crotch Viper '95 GT

(former Modless Wonder #1)

Reply to
CrotchViper

Congratulations on joining the club.

Erich

Reply to
Kathy and Erich Coiner

I bought my first mustang when I was a sophmore in college. I still have that car and drive it regularly. Two years ago I got my midlife crisis car, a Sunbeam Tiger. My wife says its better the Tiger than a mistress.

Erich

Reply to
Kathy and Erich Coiner

I'm gonna have to remember that one. :)

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG

I don't know..I thinkif you can get both ( the mistress and the mustang) that'd be pretty good.

Actualy I have found that having a wife and a mistress just means you know have two women to dissapoint on a daily basis instead of just one!

Reply to
Matt

I'm 49, myself. Welcome, you old fart.

Back in '93, I bought my 5.0 and friends immediately started with that "mid-life crisis" crap. 1) I was only 39 then. 2) It was my third Mustang.

I've had Mustangs for more years than I haven't.

Let them have their fun - it's only jealousy, pure and simple.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

Thanks! I've learned a lot already just reading this group. I know virtually nothing about cars...never cared for 'em...just got me from point a to point b.

Until this Mustang, that is. LOL Now I'm going to figure out how to go from the stock 15" tires and wheels to 16" or 17" ones.

That's what I figure. I'm loving driving my Mustang! I'm already trying to figure out how my next one will be a GT or Cobra. ;-)

Reply to
Randy

"Randy" wrote in news:NlKeb.15619$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.austin.rr.com:

Another old fart chimes in - just make sure the bolt pattern's the same. If you don't get too radical with offsets and widths, you should have no problem.

That's exactly why I bought my LX - approaching 40, I definitely needed a V8 fix. It was my first one. All 6s and 4s before that.

Bingo!

After a year or two, you can gradually work your way up. ;)

Joe

Thanks for the advice. I have a *lot* of research to do, and money to save ;), before I attempt this.

Yeah...after driving an '89 F150 I'm not used to the power that even the

3.8L has...I'd probably kill myself with a 8 cylinder. LOL
Reply to
Randy

Welcome to the insanity.. er club. I owned my first Mustang when I was 21.. a great 1970 Mach 1 with a 351 Cleveland. Obviously that puts me in my mid 50's now but I have yet to have a "mid life crisis". Maybe owning hot cars all your life is the best preventitive! May your Mustang keep you young at heart.

LJH

95GT (with a wicked 331 stroker)

Reply to
Larry Hepinstall

That's right cause there wives won't let them buy a Mustang and then MAKE them drive a mini-van!

Reply to
Katmandu