NIGHTHAWK vs. SILVERSTAR

You forgot about the high price. A Sylvania Silverstar 9006 goes for $20-25, while a standard 9006 might be about $8-10.

But Sylvania XtraVision is more than acceptable (and affordable), ans easier to find.

Reply to
y_p_w

"Buford T. Justice"

Reply to
66 6F HCS

This is really childish nonsense please *stop* no need to cross post this anymore!

Reply to
Backbone

I am still hopeful your computer will suffer a power surge.

Reply to
Buford T. Justice

Really? Childish? I agree.

I was the FIRST to ask the OP to stop crossposting and had even clipped the groups I don't read from my responses. Instead of just doing the right thing, he goes psycho, crossposting to my non-crossposted responses, claiming TOS violations with my ISP and trying to expose me to spammers. So you're damned right the REST of you can hear about it. This guy is the worst of internet pricks. The one who likes to take the name of a fat, over-the-hill, underachieving, hypertensive, asshole who has a badge and has a retard for offspring. Great role model. What's his other screenname, Roscoe P. Coltrane??

If you see any more crossposting, it won't be from me. It will be from the OP.

Reply to
66 6F HCS

You broke Rule #1, possibly #2, #5, #6, & #7.

Reply to
Buford T. Justice

You are right about your childish part. I believe I have yet to use any childish remarks or cussing.

Reply to
Buford T. Justice

What are you talking about? I guess STUPID is something you do well. Let me give you a "for instance". If your e-mail address is really snipped-for-privacy@msn.com and you have made no attempt to disguise it on a public newsgroup then that is STUPID. Oh wait! One more "for instance". If you are the same jerk that started this argument and you think you need to use a different name here then that is also STUPID.

Reply to
Buford T. Justice

Go ahead and send me an email, Stupid... LMFAO!

Reply to
351CJ

If I wanted to e-mail a turd, I'd flush.

Reply to
Buford T. Justice

If you wanted to engage your brain you would have done so and maybe tried lurking around a bit before you jumped in and announced yourself as an imbecile to everyone on your first day here...

Everyone has a right to remain IGNORANT, Carry On!

Reply to
351CJ

Your ignorance is cracking me up.

Reply to
Buford T. Justice

lmfao another retard and a mustang

lmfao someday you will have a real car

hurc ast

Reply to
hurricane 575

I'm growing continually less and less impressed with Sylvania bulbs' build quality and performance -- even in the Xtravision line.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

General Electric = American jobs saved

Reply to
Mark Levitski

How so? Most of the GE bulbs I've seen recently are made in Eastern Europe. Osram-Sylvania still has production in the US.

Reply to
y_p_w

Many of their miniature bulbs, their European halogens and some of their 9005-9006s are made at the Hungarian Tungsram facility (quality stuff, most of it -- much better than the Chinese crapola Sylvania's been moving to).

less and less.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

I just stopped by Wal-Mart and looked at their selection of GE and Sylvania bulbs. The majority of the Sylvania halogens were made in the US, while the GE's were made in Slovakia or Hungary. Of the mini bulbs, both seemed to be made in various places, including Taiwan, China, Slovakia, Hungary, and Korea. They seem to just buy from wherever they can get the best price. They only carried the more expensive Sylvania halogens (Cool Blue, XtraVision, and Silverstar).

That's the way of the world. I was reading an article on a plastics manufacturer in the US who's on hard times. He made a visit to a Chinese plastics factory, and noted how much more advanced the equipment was there that what he could afford. However - I tend to agree that the majority of inexpensive goods made in China are of "lowest bidder" quality. When it comes to clothing, is there really going to be much better quality than Far East labor compared to an American plant with mostly immigrant labor manning sewing machines?

Reply to
y_p_w

I bought a set of the GE NIGHTHAWK 9007 headlight bulbs on 4/11. They are good, but still not as bright as I wanted. If I had to describe their brightness, I would have to they are pretty close to Sylvania Cool Blues.

That being said, I exchanged the NIGHTHAWK bulbs for some Sylvania SilverStar 9007 headlight bulbs on 4/21. MUCH BETTER! The light from the SilverStars is perfectly white and I can see more at night. The light has no blue tint even though the bulb's glass has a blue tint. I like my light bright and white!

BTJustice

"Buford T. Justice"

Reply to
Buford T. Justice

Congratulations, Buford...you just fell victim to an optical illusion that's more than a hundred years old.

The human visual system is a hugely subjective judge of what it sees, and there are lots of ways to fool people into believing they're seeing "better" when they're actually (and measurably, and demonstrably) seeing very much worse. Bluer light (as from Silverstars) and higher levels of foreground light are sure-fire ways of reducing actual seeing performance while causing people to go "Ooh, MUCH BETTER!".

Bottom line: You make Sylvania's marketeers happy, but your actual seeing performance is reduced. When you *think* you can see better but you

*actually* can't, your safety is reduced.

DS

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern