Re: 66 6f hcs has a brilliant idea

Okay... got that down.... And you live where? LOL : )

hey there, i have a kill switch in my car.. it's not so bad. mounted right >on the dash with the label "foglights". this switch, when flipped, provides >power not to my foglights-- which i wired into the headlight switch... >instead it redirects my 12V starter relay to the rear defroster switch, >which, when pressed in conjunction with my 'foglights' switched on and the >ignition key to the 'start' position, engages the starter motor. two >switches, innocent, right there on the dash. my car has been broken into >twice and not stolen, since the first thefting... though both times they >tried to start it with the column busted open and a screwdriver jammed in >there, with no luck. > > >> On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 10:42:45 -0400, Dodge-Him >>
Reply to
Spike

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8" w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Reply to
Spike

Mine's a daily driver. Still, with what I've spent on restoration and modifications , I don't want to give the local punk an easy mark.

Nothing like walking out of the grocery with your arms full and no place to put the stuff except on the ground... or take someone special out to dinner and end up calling a cab for her while spending time filling out theft reports....

I just want something (or more than one) that sends the potential thief after someone else's ride. And preferable something simple. I don't want to have to park next to a light post and haul out an anchor chain and hulking lock like I do with my bike. Just a simple flip of a switch. Add a 9 volt battery connected to a flashing LED and you have psychological deterrence. Toss in a claymore mine wired to the driver's seat, a couple of flashing neon signs and some NRA and militia stickers.

I did see something I thought could be adapted... a small advertising sign with scrolling words that was programmable. Looked kinda like a third brake light. Enter the message

"I just stole this vehicle. Call 911 and report me."

If the car is started without turning of the sign circuit, the message is displayed....... : )