SAE Horsepower Standards To Change

I should have expected a wuss answer from a wuss....

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Heh, I don't think the point behind the SRT10 Ram is towing capability like Ford's V10 is.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Yeah, right. I want to see track times and Dyno numbers from a 100% stock SRT 10. I bet they're carrying 50 or more of those horse in the bed or behind the seat....

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

ROFL!! There's no wonder you'll never see one of these at the track, or even on the road most likely....

2005 SRT10 QUAD CAB S Pkg. Net MSRP $53,720

Maybe if I won the Powerball. Maybe...

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

"WindsorFox[SS]" wrote in news:r4AIe.625 $ah4.480@lakeread05:

At least I change my oil... LOL!

Reply to
Joe

"WindsorFox[SS]" wrote in news:5tAIe.634 $ah4.280@lakeread05:

Don't get out much, eh? Or are there only Chebbie-drivin' rednecks in your part of the woods?

Ya get what ya pay for.

Reply to
Joe

Please point me to an honest test of some full size trucks. I don't care what engines are in them if the test is fair. All I was trying to get across is all the test I see are slanted. If you know where there is a test of a new Ford 10 cylinder vs. a GM 8.1L, and any other truck they want to throw in, I'd love to see it.

Looked for a long time for a 10 cyl. Ford or an 8.1 Chevy/GMC with a six speed manual and finally just gave up. But I decided then the Ford was not going to be my first choice and no way was I going to buy a Hemi with a five speed. Loved the Ford truck but was hearing so many bad things about the

5.4L and 10 cyl. engines. Already have a 360, five speed 4X4 Dodge and was after something better for towing. Ended up with a six speed, 4X4 CTD.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Check the glove box, that's where they usually put them. Also, the shifter knob sometimes has the pattern on it.

I am really cracking myself up today!!!

180 Out
Reply to
one80out

I don't get any truck magazines so I have seen few actual tests. The only one I've seen recently is on the Internet, but it's spnsored by Ford so it is a bit slanted too. Even though there is some good info and it shows that the Chevy has the daintiest frame of all the full size trucks with Toyota's semi-fullsize in number 2. Dodge Ford and Nissan all have fully enclosed steel box frames.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Are you as damn stupid as your posts indicate? You better reread all the posts, if that doesn't work get someone else to explain it to you, and get back to me when you have figured out how to follow along!!!

Geese, you are so pathetic it is beyond funny. :-(

I'm sure I will regret confusing you further, but, out of curiosity, how would you propose comparing towing prowess? DUH!

Reply to
351CJ

Al,

You will have to forgive Joe, he suffers from some ailment which impairs his ability to comprehend and reason, this greatly effects his ability stay on topic & his communication skills.

But if you would like one source referencing his pathetic SRT-10's towing ratings, You may like to take a gander here:

I'll post any relevant data about the 8.1 Vs 6.8 as I find it.

Reply to
351CJ

Yabut, he changes his oil!

Hey, the Nissan with big tow package pulls 9400 pounds :p

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Learn to read, idiot. And have a nice day while you're at it. LOL!

"351CJ" wrote in news:cdUIe.141$2j.28@trnddc07:

Reply to
Joe

"WindsorFox[SS]" wrote in news:ZJUIe.711$ah4.458@lakeread05:

Damn straight there, bucky. You might want to try it some time.

Whoa. I'm shakin' in my boots.

Reply to
Joe

Looks like a Ford Lightning will outrun an SRT-10?? What sense does that make?

Al

Reply to
Big Al

"Big Al" wrote in news:8sZIe.311$ snipped-for-privacy@news.uswest.net:

Looks like you've been reading fiction again, eh?

Since there's no '05 Lightning (gee, I wonder why?), this is all moot, but last year's models went head to head and the SRT10 won:

Here are the numbers if you're interested:

Joe

How you figure? Might be close because of weight differences.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

You should since the 5.6 Nissan will kick that 5.9 Dakota like it was a little girl....

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

See a lot of Lightning's at the drags. Haven't seen a SRT-10 yet, but the Fords run. Just from the magazine test results on the SRT-10, seems like the Lightning is quicker.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Check out this guys home page. I don't know where he copied the test from but it looks like a magazine thing. It shows 5MPH and 3/10 of a second difference between the Lightning and the SRT10. *IF* those numbers are accurate, I would speculate that there is less than the advertised 120HP difference between those two trucks.

WindsorFox[SS]