SAE communication standards

Does anyone have a copy of the these standards? SAE J1850 PWM Thanks

Reply to
cod

Thomas Moats

Thomas Moats opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Does it ever cease to amaze how many NEVER seem to have heard of a search engine?

Considering it is ALL over the first page of search results.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

I still haven't found what I'm looking for. And I've search the web using google and other search engines. So I though I would break down and ask a question to you friendly people.

So if you know the web link please post it here. I'm looking for the protocol for J1850 for a Ford escort. And don't reply with the SAE website.

Thanks.

Reply to
cod

Reply to
Thomas Moats

It never ceases to amaze me how many people NEVER read the whole message. Sorry had to get you back.

The communication package structure ..or Protocol commands things like that.

Reply to
cod

Reply to
Thomas Moats

Yeah you stumped me on the "date" question.. and Yes I am.

news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Reply to
cod

So you are unable to overcome a typo and not understand a sentence with one misspelled word, when the context of the sentence was clear?

Reply to
Thomas Moats

Reply to
Thomas Moats

What site did you find?

cod
5 DATA LINK LAYER DETAILS

This section defines the requirements on the following Data Link Layer attributes:

a. Addressing Strategy b. Network Access and Data Synchronization c. Frame Elements and Structure d. Error Detection e. Error Response

Reply to
Thomas Moats

Here is another small slice.

5.3 Network Elements and Structure

The general format is:

idle, SOF, DATA_0, ..., DATA_N, CRC, EOD, NB, IFR_1, ..., IFR_N, EOF, IFS, idle:

The preceding acronyms are defined as follows:

Reply to
Thomas Moats

ftp://download.intel.com/design/intarch/papers/j1850_wp.pdf

I think this is as close as you are gonna get to Ford specifics on the net... Someone would have to be motivated to bootleg Ford's implementation, and why would they do that? Maybe 10 years ago.. now most see dollar signs.. same as you do.

Using the Intel specs and an OBDII scanner, you SHOULD be able to eventually back-engineer everything.

Unless you want even lower level stuf.. but they arent going to define commodity stuff like the CRC algorythm.. just show you what physical layer looks like.

Looks like bit definition is NRZ1, (Start of Bit=Transition).. sorta surprising to me but then I never messed with PWM.

cod opined in news:k7oNa.974$ snipped-for-privacy@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca:

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic