1994 Nissan Sentra Manual Transmission Problem

Hi. I have a 1994 Nissan Sentra 140 (South African) with a manual 5 speed gearbox. The problem lies in that I cannot use the fifth gear. It does not stay there, unless I hold it there. It started off about

1.5 years ago when it would occasionally slip out of 5th when the engine was revving high. It became progressively worse, and now I cannot use the gear at all.

Any suggestions?

Reply to
Julian

Sounds like the 5th gear sychromesh is shot.

Reply to
willshak

Pull the transaxle and repair it.

Reply to