1994 Nissan Sentra - problem with instrument panel lights

94 Nissan Sentra GXE with 183K+ miles, all instrument panel lights (speedo-, tach-, gas gauge) failed to turn on when I started the car one evening. Worked fine before. Headlights work. Other electricals work fine, no other probs. Checked fuses and all are intact. Any thoughts as to what the problem might be and how to fix it?? Thanks...
Reply to
kljncsu

There's a knob somewhere on the dash that controls the dimming of the instrument panel lights. Did you turn that down or move it by accident when cleaning the dash?

Reply to
willshak

Reply to
Shawn

yeah, i already checked the dimmer switch in hope... no luck :( i could only wish it was a "doh" moment.

Reply to
kljncsu

Let me know when you find the problem. Mine is intermittent so it's almost impossible to diagnose. They go on and off with the headlight dimmer - sometimes.

Reply to
Chris

My 94 has the same problem. It is the dimmer reostat. I can pu;ll the cover of the fuse panel, reach my little skinny fingers up to grab the wires going to the dimmer control and twist them till it works for a while. When I am ready to fix it I will just replace it with a fixed resister. Anyone know what size it should be ??

Reply to
metoo