2000 I-30 Questions

I recently became a proud owner of the 2000 I-30 with 61K miles on it. Since I still don't have an owner's manual, I have a few questions:

1) The rearview mirror seems to be a little loose. Is this normal? Shouldn't it be attached to the windshield tightly? I tried tighting up the adjustment screw but it's tight already. Is that screw for tightening the mirror to the windshield?

2) My car has heated seats and traction contorl. From what I read, this package should also include heated mirrors. How do check whether the mirrors are heated? Is there a button for that?

And the last one

3) When I open both front doors, I hear some rubber squeaking. I looked at the rubber attached to the body around the door, and both front rubber are not attached to a small plastic pin; they are just simply laying over it. Is that the cause of the noise? Back doors don't make any noise.
Reply to
Steve B.

The mirrors will heat when you turn on your rear defroster. I'll bet if you spray some water on one, it will try rather quickly when you hit the defroster.

Reply to
ppointer

You can download (at least the Nissan version) the owner's manuals from

Are you tightening the little set screw? That should do it.

It has them, they go on with the defroster.

The pins should be attached to the rubber. Nothing a little weatherstrip adheasive can't fix (glue the rubber to the door).

Reply to
Jim