how do i replace a horn on 2001 nissan sentra

Hi,

I have a 2001 nissan sentra se. The horn pretty much died and needs replacing. It still makes a little noise when I push the contact on the steering wheel so I know its not the fuse for the relay. How do I go about replacing it? Will I need special tools to remove the bumper or anything? I have read its behind the front bumper somewhere. I'm unable to find any manuals or schematics detailing where exactly is the horn on the car. Any help would be appreciated.. thanks in advance

-Phill

Reply to
avantgardejazz

I had to have the horn on my 2001 Sentra GXE replaced about 15 months ago.

The tiny sensor for the horn was located in the steering wheel behind the air bag. The cost wasn't cheap. I can't remember the exact cost of the part but it was in the $300 range. It can be very labour intensive as you have to dismantle and re-assemble the steering wheel containing the airbag. I was lucky and had someone do it for me for the cost of the part as he couldn't believe what it cost.

Good Luck

Reply to
C.H.