Proper trans oil for 99 Altima?

What should I be using to refill my manual transmission in my 99 Altima? The manual calls for 80w90, but both Nissan service managers I talked to thought that that was a misprint and is too heavy. Apparently that weight is typically used in rearends. They recommended 75w80 and thought that switching the 80w90 I just put in for some 75w80 would cure my problem of being unable to get 1st gear after having used reverse.

What do you guys usually put in?

Reply to
JM