Re: Corolla v Civic v Hyundai/Nissan moeds

Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:

> > > Don't forget the size. The Prius is larger than the Corolla; if you > > think you'd want something larger that also gets good gas mileage, > > that's the Prius. If you think you're stuck with a Corolla-sized car, > > you're not. Not necessarily. > > It's a little larger, though it's misleading because the cargo capacity > is higher only if you pile things up so you can't see out the back! It's > still closer to the Corolla in size than the Camry. > > Corolla > ------- > 92.0 cubic feet: passenger compartment > 12.3 cubic feet: cargo > > Prius > ----- > 96.2 cubic feet: passenger compartment > 16.1 cubic feet: cargo > > Camry > ----- > 101.4 cubic feet: passenger compartment > 16.7 cubic feet: cargo

That's correct, the Corolla and Prius are similar, but if you pile things high in the Prius it has more space for cargo. I would not do that due to the safety concern of luggage flying forward in a fast stop.

The Prius has a lot of passenger Cu Ft. forward of the dash, which is unusable. Having been a passenger in both, with two & three others, I suggest they are similar for practical purposes. As for the driver the previous Corollas didn't fit me comfortably; I'm

5'-11". A similar height friend of mine who has the previous Corolla confirms that it wouldn't fit me very well as a driver, his shorter wife drives his. I've not tried the new Corolla for size.
Reply to
Josh S