Thermostat problem?

Hi,

I have a 2002 Nissan Sentra GXE and just today i noticed the heater would not generate the usual heat it normally does. It's a lot cooler. When the car is idle, when either parking or waiting at a stop light, the heat coming out of the vents is much cooler. Once I give it some gas and rev the engine, the heater gets warm again.

Can someone confirm that this is a thermostat problem? Also, I just flushed the coolant this morning. I noticed this problem after I flushed the coolant.

Thanks in advance! VN

Reply to
MrVuong

I suspect you have an air bubble from the flushing. Look at a shop manual or maybe your owners manual on the proper way to bleed out the air.

Reply to
JimV

Also, check to make sure your engine temperature sensor is working properly. If not, it can cause changes in the fuel mixture ratio and also turn on the radiator fans when you obviously don't want them on (in the winter!). It might also be the thermostat. It seems Nissan Maximas share this strange problem.

Chris

Reply to
Chris H