96 Sentra GXE... How do I pull codes?

I have a 96 Nissan Sentra GXE. Recently my check engine light lit up and stayed on. I came on when the car was overheating because of a faulty radiator cap which I replaced. I am trying to figure out how to pull the codes to see if there is anything else wrong. I know I can get an OBDII reader, but I also thought you can pull them by making the ECU flash out the code. How do you do this?

Thanks, Al Kondo

Reply to
Al Kondo

On 2/1/2005 9:44 AM US(ET), Al Kondo took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

Go to AutoZone or some other auto supply store. They will read the codes for free (no purchase necesssary). They will also reset the computer.

Reply to
willshak