1996 nissan maxima will not start

I turn the key and nothing happens. no click no nothing. this happened once before and after sitting a few hours it started fine. I have power and I have cleaned the battery cables. can someone help me?

Reply to
Bador

This was a known problem with starters on '95 and '96 Maximas. You may be able to get Nissan to fix it for free as they did with mine.

Reply to
Jim Thurman

On an 11 year old car? If so, they would be manufacturer of the year!

Reply to
JimV

Don't hold your breath on getting Nissan to pay fo it, on an 11 year old car ?!?

YOU MUST BE KIDDING !

Face the music and buy a starter dude.

Reply to
NissTech

Nissan put a new alternator in my 10 year old Maxima.....for FREE!

Reply to
Bitsbucket

At one time there was a recall on the alternator. I had a new one put in the 97 Maximum free of charge. Don't recall when that was, but part an labor were free.

-paul

Reply to
Paul Flansburg