97 Maxima no start - (no crank, nothing). Battery is good (radio, lights, etc).

Please help.

My 97 maxima doesn't start. No crank. All the other electrical equipment has power and seems ok. So, I think the battery is good, which was replaced few months ago. This happend couple days ago also. At that time, it started when I attempted after couple of hours. I suspect it is starter.

TIA

Reply to
dmp

It's likely the starter. Try to give it a firm tap with a block of wood and see if you can start it after that.

To make sure it really is the starter, just check the voltage at the starter when you turn the key to start - as long as you see that power is being supplied you can rule out other possible root causes, e.g. ignition relay, ignition switch.

Nirav

Reply to
njmodi

Reply to
jsanders

Sounds like an experience I had some time ago with my '83 Sentra. I tried what I thought was everything, but it wouldn't start. Tapped the starter with a pliers, but still wouldn't turn over. Towed it to the shop --- Started right up!

I never found out if there was an intermittent in the Park switch or possibly the shifter wasn't fully in Park, but I could never reproduce the problem. I didn't think at the time to try playing with the position of the shifter, or to move it to "N". Have you tried that? Too obvious to try, I guess.

BTW, I drove the '83 Sentra until this year when a bad timing belt caused more damage than it was worth. I replaced it with an '05 Sentra.

Reply to
Mike Pershing