60,000 mile maintenance

Do I need to take my car to the dealership for the 60,000 mile maintenance or can I rely on my local mechanic to do the job?

Bobby New York

Reply to
Bubby

- does it (is there?) affect warranty

- I dont trust any mechanic, wont leave my car for a minute but sit always beside. If they wont let you, find another place.

- check out the issues covered in that maintenance compare to normal services your mech does. Is he adept? Special jobs may be better serviced in special shops - may. So if theres no warranty issue and you pay all, leave the trivial filter issues to local shop, buy general filters: youre the boss.

- screw is just a screw, but generally stealerships want to $crew you more...

- for A/T its best to find a place which changes all A/T oil, not stealership redne$$ check. see

wiikinki

Who would have the most experience working on your make and model.?

and please - no "dealers always screw you" rambling replies - thats not true, and at least with a dealer, if you feel you got SCREWED you have recourse.

Reply to
common_ sense