Changing rear struts

1993 Maxima, any tips on changing the rear struts, did the fronts and there like any other car; quite easy. The rear look like a pain in the butt. Never done them, any help, steps or advise would be great.

Thanks Brian

Reply to
Brian
1993 Maxima, any tips on changing the rear struts... Theyre as easy as front, different. Theres a shock R&R writeup & other goodies as u follow 'Favorite Links', see clic clic clic link below.

If u want to save, buy (here cheaper) stanza rear shocks. Needs an extra shim to tighten.

Note:

- When u replace the cartridges, remember to add some coolant oil.

- Leave the mechanical roadnoise amplifiers out - see page 18.

Reply to
Wiikinki

I did mine all the way around on my 91 GXE. The rears were easier than the front IMO, but it did require taking out the backseat. I used Liquid Wrench on all bolts and it took about 4 hours to do both rears.

HTH,

Derek

Reply to
genius