Trans oil at 30K

Just wanted to let you know, my husband brought the car in for a 30K service (he's a Nissan tech so he does these things for me!) and he said that the trans oil was really dark... much more than he thought it should be, and he's glad he changed it. He attributed it to the "hard ride" I have every day (up and down a couple of mega mountains) but still, he was surprised.

Reply to
Tara

My thoughts are if the colour of the fluid is very dark then the fluid has been very hot and has started to degrade. Good that you had it changed. dk

Reply to
Dave Kind

IMHO as cheap as a trans oil change is compared to a rebuild, I'd be doing it every 15K for anything other than all highway miles.

Reply to
Steve