406 Radio code

Is there any way I can find my radio code. I need to disconnect the battery and don't have the code.

Thanks in advance. D

Reply to
darkisle

I got mine by contacting the original retailer of the car. Having said that, I understand that many 406's do not need to have the radio re-coded after battery disconnection because they are keyed to the ECU and re-activate automatically if they are on the same vehicle.

Reply to
Keith

I believe it is true that later (2001) on)models are programmed to the ECU. If you have an older model, you will need the VIN and radio serial number, take to Peugeot with your log book and they can find it for you (costs about £10). Or find a local auto electrician, they often have computer equiptment that connects to the security chip and tells you the code.

Reply to
bigmac999

Get out your Yellow Pages - your local car audio place will be able to recode it for £10-£15.

Reply to
Nom

I bought one of those gadgets from Halfords that you plug in the cigar lighter socket and it keeps settings in the memory.Having said that after a few months I managed to get it from the previous owner. The gadget did it's job well though.

Reply to
Seafarer

Mine's a 1999 model and doesn't need the code re entering. I have had the radio out at least twice and just plugged it back in with no problems.

Reply to
Robin Bendall

If you still need a code for your radio, give this website a message. If they can help, they'll usually do it for free.

Good luck!

Les

Reply to
tubby

If you still need a code for your radio, give this website a message. If they can help, they'll usually do it for free.

Good luck!

Les

Reply to
tubby

I got mine from the main dealer when I changed my battery. They keep them in stock if they have sold your car or they can get in touch with Peugeot and get the code.

-= Get GrabIt for free from

=-

Reply to
Big E