Peugoet 306 (1994) Alarm

I`ve bought a 1994 306 xsi 2.0 ltr, the story is the car has an alarm which i don`t have an remote for. there is an claxon and presure sensors in the car plus there is an RF reciever above the mirror and a red light on the steering column. I don`t know if the alarm came standard with the car?. I have two keys for the central locking(no buttons on the keys) is there anyway to check if the alarm works?.

My local dealer wants 30 quid an hour to check!.

Thanks Bren

Reply to
bren

IIRC the 1994 model came with a factory fitted alarm as standard - the 1995= =20 model certainly did. It isn't operated by RF though but by IR. It should=20 have a black `receiver` above the rear view mirror at the interior light=20 switches.

The factory fitted alarm will have ultra-sonic sensors either side of the= =20 windscreen built into the plastic. If it is a 3 door model (weren't they=20 all then?) the alarm ECU box is inside of the rear wing just before the=20 door pillar and can be seen by removing the rear inside panel on the=20 drivers side. A five door model has the box under the drivers seat.

I think it did.

You should have a key with two buttons on it. One large button to operate= =20 locks and deadlocks and a small button to arm the alarm. These key-fobs are= =20 notorious for failing hence the possible reason why you don't have the=20 proper fob. A new one (user progammable) is around =C2=A385 from a Puegeot= =20 dealer 2nd hand fro around =C2=A330 on EBay but make sure it is IR and not = RF.

A common fault with the alarm if you do get it working is for the=20 indicators to stick on after they flash when arming or disarming the alarm.= =20 This is caused by a sticing relay in the alarm ECU box. Can be solved by=20 drilling a very small hole on the top of the affected relay.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Mason