306 Alarm

My 306 has recently been leaking through ariel and damaged the alarm reciever that catches the signal from the key. can i just get one from another peugeot or do i have to get the key and reciever curcuit assigned? cheers

Reply to
bossman187uk

You can get a receiver from any 306 and then code the keys to the receiver yourself, as long as the keys are the infra-red type (red light on the plips). You do know how to code them in??

Reply to
Nigel

"Nigel2" wrote: > On 11 Mar 2005 12:10:37 -0500, bossman187uk > wrote: > > >My 306 has recently been leaking through ariel and damaged > the alarm > >reciever that catches the signal from the key. can i just get > one from > >another peugeot or do i have to get the key and reciever > curcuit > >assigned? > >cheers > You can get a receiver from any 306 and then code the keys to > the > receiver yourself, as long as the keys are the infra-red type > (red > light on the plips). You do know how to code them in??

No i dont know how to code the key in. It is an infra red one and i only have the one key. I can see the water damage on the circuits around the sensor and it removes easily. I get mixed views, some people say i can just replace it and it only catches the signal and elsewere in car decides if its correct, other people say that the circuit itself decides if the frequency from the key is correct in which case i need the key n reciever to be matched. if i get another cercuit how do i asign the 1 key i have to it?

Reply to
bossman187uk

Assuming you have the two button plip:- Take the screw out of the plip and pull the key out of the plip. Put the key in the ignition and turn to the accessory position. You may need a pair of pliers to make it easier to turn the key in the ignition. Within 10 seconds hold the plip as close as possible to the receiver and press the large button until the red light stops flashing. (Either stays red or goes out, I can't remember which now) Then turn the ignition off, and try the plip. You may have to repeat a couple of times. If you have the single button type, then you will have to get a key already coded to the receiver from the dealer. (Loads of money and about 5 weeks to get from France. You will need the code number from the receiver) OR go to a scrappy and get a receiver and single button key(s).

Reply to
Nigel

"Nigel2" wrote: > On 12 Mar 2005 11:40:15 -0500, bossman187uk > wrote: > > >"Nigel2" wrote: >  > > On 11 Mar 2005 12:10:37 -0500, bossman187uk >  > > < snipped-for-privacy@AutoForumz.com> wrote: >  > > >   > > >My 306 has recently been leaking through > ariel and damaged >  > > the alarm >   > > >reciever that catches the signal from the > key. can i just get >  > > one from >   > > >another peugeot or do i have to get the key > and reciever >  > > curcuit >   > > >assigned? >   > > >cheers >  > > You can get a receiver from any 306 and then code > the keys to >  > > the >  > > receiver yourself, as long as the keys are the > infra-red type >  > > (red >  > > light on the plips). You do know how to code them > in?? > >

Nice one mate thats a huge help. unfotunatly i have the single buttom key. im gonna try a scrapy like trents for both a key and matching reciever. any online places u know of? also will it effect the engine imobiliser?

Reply to
bossman187uk

No it won't affect the engine immobiliser.

Try these two online scrappies.

Nigel