rear heated screen in 106

Hi, my rear heated window has stopped working, i can push the button on and it lights up but i don't think it's working, does it have anything working to do with the hot/cold blowers as my heater matrix is blown. Could be a blown fuse? don't mind no heater but not being able to see out the rear window is a pain in the arse.

any info appreciated? cheers

Reply to
bigdunccoull

Rear heater whats one of them. have one fitted but never used it. i always use my door mirrors.if ppl cant see you they need there eyes tested,lol

Reply to
Chris

Probably be a blown fuse, according to Haynes it could be fuse 2 or 5. There is also a relay in the circuit which could have failed of course.One last thing, are you sure that the elements in the window are still OK? If you have an electrical test meter, or a 12v bulb with wires attached, check to see if you have power to the connectors each side of the window. One other possibility is a broken wire where it passes into the tailgate.

Reply to
Brian

cheers mate

Brian wrote:

Reply to
bigdunccoull

Another thing to beware of is the connections onto the windscreen can be a bit delicate. I was trying to get the spade connector off to diagnose a similar problem and the tag pulled off the screen.

Reply to
Malc