P38 heated rear window

There are two relays for the heated front screen (right and left) as shown by the symbols on the cover of the engine bay fuse box and confirmed by

Anyone know where the heated REAR window relay is? I am having problems with this stuck on and draining the battery.

Reply to
David Haggas

I found this in the manual: "The BeCM also receives a Heated Rear Window

(HRW) request signal from the HEVAC ECU in the

form of a momentary completion of an earth path

when either the manual HRW switch is depressed or

the programmed demist switch is depressed. When

the BeCM receives the request, it energises an

internal relay and supplies a 12 V supply to the HRW

element via fuse 12"

Sort of answers my question. Pity it's not external it would have been easy to change.

Reply to
David Haggas