Rear tyre life

Even though it is Citroen, I thought you'd be interested.

My dealer said today that the C8 (807) can wear its rear tyres in under

20,000 miles.

I nearly had a fit! My C5 has uneven wear, 2mm difference at 14,000 miles and I think that is appalling.

This will be carried on.....

Reply to
Ben Cowell

dont sweat it, some cars will eat tyres, my toyota MR2 goes through rear tyres like nobodys business.....knowing this you can rotate the tyres before they get down to zero and get maximum life from them........ just a pain in the butt............

Reply to
steve

But an MR2 is a high powered rear wheel drive car.

A diesel front wheel drive car should shred the fronts and ignore the backs.

Reply to
Ben Cowell

should, but doesnt, its all to do with axle and suspension design, as i said some cars just eat tyres, and its nothing to do with being high powered either, i dont drive my MR2 hard,

Reply to
steve

True, I said the words "fault" and "design" spring to mind, the techie suggested "customer" and "guinea pig".

Reply to
Ben Cowell

ahhhhh.....but being a guinea pig doesnt mean any fault with suspension design will be rectified, surely with all the new models introduced by car manufacturers each year you would have thought excess tyre wear wouldnt be a problem. i guess this isnt a priority for designers.

Reply to
steve

depends on the tyre as well soft tyre = wear quicker, more grip hard tyre = better wear, less grip

Reply to
SimonDS

20,000? well lucky you.

My 307 Dturbo eats a set of tyres every 15,000 miles - and they are £100+ each.

Anyway tyres are not currently wearing at all as the car is sitting in the dealers workshop waiting for a new clutch and fly wheel ( under warranty I might add ). Estimated delivery for the part is 30th December - great service from Peugeot - not!!

My next car will not be a Peugeot that is for sure.

Clive

Reply to
Clive Perry