2000 Grand Prix - Air Conditioning - some vents blow hot others cold..?..?..

Okay - this is weird to me.... I just recharged my A/C in my vehicle. Everything worked just fine yesterday, Today, I notice that out of 5 dashboard vents, only 2 blow cold air while the other 3 are hot (well, outside temperature anyway...) I am perplexed by this and, of course, my Chilton manual refuses to divulge any A/C related maintenance due to certain EPA laws 'n stuff. Any thoughts?

Reply to
longshadow71

Do you have seperate controls for passenger and driver?

NoTop442

Reply to
NoTop442

This just started happening in my 99 Grand Prix GTP. I have dual air controls. The vents on the driver side are blowing hot and the vents for passenger are blowing cold.

Reply to
zippykiddo

No seperate controls for passenger/driver. Just your standard controls.

Reply to
longshadow71

Happened in my 03 Buick. The bellows that controls the temp on that side is leaking.

Reply to
NoTop442

There may be more than one bellows in that dash too.

Reply to
NoTop442

I'm starting to believe that my vehicle may originally was designed for dual climate control. I know the heater/air conditioning control panel had been replaced by the dealer prior to my purchase. Does anyone know how to determine if I have the dual control setup with the improper controls?

Reply to
longshadow71

I don't know if it helps or not, but I just went out and set the driver's side control to 60F and the passenger side control to 90F on my '00 GTP.

The far right vent and the rightmost of the three center vents blow gently and hot. The far left vent and the other two (left & center) in the center of the dash blow hard and cold. (It's about 90F in the car anyway now).

Reply to
David Courtney