Hot air from vents on Ranger?

I have a 92 Ranger that I don't drive very often but when I drove it the other day I noticed that hot air blew from the vents. It was hot outside, about 90 degrees, but the air blowing from the vents was as hot or hotter than the outside air. Is this happening because the air is coming from the engine compartment or is something messed up here?

Reply to
McQualude

On Sun, 16 May 2004 15:50:45 +0000, McQualude rearranged some electrons to form:

Try turning on the A/C perhaps?

You are aware, aren't you, that when your truck sits in the sun, the inside (including the vent ductwork) gets hotter than the outside air? Yes, I thought so.

Reply to
David M

You are assuming there is A/C and that it works.

Usually when you don't know the answer to someone's question it is better to remain quiet, or not post, rather than demonstrate your ignorance.

Reply to
Mr. Vice President

Hi Mc I got one too. Did the same thing....think the doors in the heater box are messed up...adj the cable didn't work. Didn't want to tear into the dash..etc... I hooked up bypass and shut off valves on the heater line. You must have a bypass on it so the heat sensor will be working... Lots of trouble, but works like a champ...just switch valves in summer or winter. Good luck...Pete in LA

Reply to
Pete

Thanks Pete.

Reply to