94 Grand Am Motor Mounts

I think I have a broken motor mount on our 94 Grand Am (4 cyl, automatic). I can't find a book, so I'm not even sure how many mounts it has, and where they are. When you put the car in reverse, the engine shifts forward and down, and vibrates on the frame (I think). Could someone tell me which mount that might and how to check it, or somewhere I could find a description of the mounts on-line? Thanks! Brian

Reply to
Brian

Hi Brian,

I had the LH mount get tired and let that side of the transmission touch the frame when I turned right. If thats the problem, the mount has bolts in the fenderwell and through the bracket that holds it to the transmission. The bolts are a bitch to get out as they are 2 inches long and there is 1 1/2 inches of room. The other that might be worn is behind the plastic shield on the RH side under the engine. You should probably get a manual and check to be sure.

Reply to
Scott