99 Grand Am Change Oil Light On

Hi, Evereybody! Just changed oil and "Change Oil Light" still on. How can I tackle is task? Is there a reset button anywhere? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanx!!!

Reply to
EC Diaz

Do you have an owners manual? It would be in there. My 99 Monte Carlo has me taping the gas pedle with key in the on position w/o engine running.

Reply to
Craig Watts

Tap gas pedal 3 times with ignition on car not running or check fuse panel on the side of the dash for a reset button. Either one will work.

Reply to
Radyckle

Pull the access cover on drivers side dashboard (open Drivers door).Turn key to engine on. Hold red reset button down until the dash light flashes.Push reset again there is a Beep.The light clears.Its in the manual.

Reply to
DANFXR

The resent button is a bit tricky though. You have to press once, then the "Change Oil" light will blink. Then press and hold, and you'll hear three beeps and the light will go out. Let go of the button, you're done.

Reply to
Isaiah Beard