"Air Dam" on '99 Grand Am

How important is the "air dam", the black plastic piece that runs along the bottom of the radiator? The one on my '99 Grand Am GT is coming loose. Do I need to secure or replace it? Thanks in advance, pjpeck

Reply to
pjpeck

Had the same question about the missing air dam on my late '92 Grand Am several months ago. From my experience there were no noticeable symptoms from not having the air dam in place. My suggestion is to simply secure the one you have.

Reply to
Silver Surfer